Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back to Reality

I don't know why the holidays got out of control for us this year, but they did. I cut out many things to make room for other things.... We cut back on the shopping. We did not send cards, nor did we attend a slew of parties, but I still felt pressed and harried. Getting the flu the Sunday before Christmas didn't help much. *sigh*

The day itself came and we had a nice time. Lucy decorated a cake to read:

and we shared a chuckle over it as we sang.

It was good fun, but I was simply relieved to pack up the tree on Saturday and get back to school on Monday. I think next year I'd like to skip everything and go to the beach for some real R&R. (Hence the WW post below.) We took a wonderful vacation to St. George Island, FL last May. Today I am wistful for the sand and surf and extended, relaxed time with Peter, Edmund and Lucy.

Next year I want to chuck Christmas completely and go snorkling.

Is anyone with me?

3 comments:

Meliss said...

I'm with you! Christmas wears me out!

The Nichols Family said...

Yes I too was relieved to get all the decorations down and tree out! lol

Rebecca said...

Go to my site and click on beth's blog--It is the Beth Moore Blog or LPM (Living Proof Ministries) Take Care!!!